Internet Explorer has been the default browser of windows and also one of the most used browser. Today Firefox and Chrome are dominating the market but still Internet Explorer has it’s own value. Still it is one of the most used browsers in the world. The latest versions of Internet Explorer had been found to be much faster as it’s competitors but still it’s going back in the competition. One of the main reason that people complains about IE is its speed itself. But The speed of IE can be increased to a great extend easily. Here are some handy tips which can help you to make internet Explorer more faster.
1) Disable Unnecessary Toolbars and Add-ons
Add-ons are very very useful while browsing the web. But it’s also true that they take much time to load and affects your browser loading time. So Instead of Installing a bunch of add-ons, I say you use only the most needed and light add-ons. There are many toolbars that are installed automatically while installing other free softwares like dap, pdf readers etc. These also makes your IE load very slowly. What use are those ask and coundit toolbars for you ? Just Disable those silly toolbars and Unnecessary Add-ons As soon as possible Now you may see a great change in the speed of Internet explorer
2) Clean your History and Registry
Many a times huge cache files, History files, temporary files, corrupt files, dump files, old cookies etc could make your Internet explorer run slowly. Cleaning all these files could give you a great boost in the perfomance of your Internet Explorer.
- You may clean the history by simple pressing ctrl + shift + delete
To delete all your browsing history and cookies in Internet Explorer 8
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Safety button, and then click Delete Browsing History.
- If you do not want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your Favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
- Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
NB : Cleaning just your browser won’t do it. To make it still faster you have to delete the corrupted files (if any), temporary internet files, unwanted registry etc. You may download Ccleaner to do it all automatically 3) DO this simple tweak Actually this is a simple trick that you can use. This tweak will give you a greater speed boost for your Internet Explorer
- Go to Start -> Run
- Enter regedit and press enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings”
- Look for two values called ‘MaxConnectionsPerServer and MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server. If not, then perform the following:
- Right click on the right panel.
- Select “New > DWORD Value”.
- Create two DWORD Values named as above.
- Double click on MaxConnectionsPerServer.
- Change the value depending on your connection speed. If you use dial-up, set the value to 6. If you use DSL or faster, you may set a value from 10 to 16, as you desire
- Do the same as above for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server.
- Close regedit and restart the Internet explorer
4) Use Internet explorer booster – “tweak IE” to boost the perfomance even more
THe IE tweaker includes Toolbar tweaks, Control Panel settings, Group Policy restrictions and other miscellaneous settings. This IE tweaker has a number of tweaks that will help you to enable/disable options easily, without opening the registry editor. This can do many registry tricks that you are not aware of and increase the speed of your IE to a great extend Download IE Tweaks to boost the perfomance If you follow all these steps correctly, you will surly see a rise in the speed of your Internet explorer.