There are times when you need to Get and copy /extract text from Images/ pictures, clip arts, photos etc. Usually we take the photographs for storing important documents, funny clip arts, papers, quotes or writings. You can view them as pictures but when you want to use them in documents, edit them or insert them somewhere, you can’t do that with the Image. For this purpose, we want to convert the photo / image to Text and extract the text content out of it. The technology called as OCR ( Optical character recognition ) can be used for our aid here.
How to get / Extract text from Image files ?
There are two ways on how you can get and copy / extract text from photos and other image files. Offline way and online way. In offline method you need Microsoft OneNote which has built-in Optical character recognition available.
Offline Method : Get and Copy / Extract text from image With Microsoft OneNote
1. Open microsoft OneNote
2. Open the Image, photo or clip art you want to copy / extract the text from
3.Select the image
4. Right click –> select ‘Copy text from picture’
5. Now the text is copied to your clip board. You can paste it wherever you want. Open a new document and paste it to get it as a new document
Online method get and copy / Extract text from Photos, clip arts and other Image files ;-
1. Open http://www.newocr.com/
2.Click on ‘choose file’ and select the file that you want to convert to text
4. New window appear with the picture, select the part where the text is located
5. Now click on the OCR button and the text will be shown in the column below
6. Copy the text and paste it wherever you want
7. You may use alternate site like www.onlineocr.net, www.free-ocr.com, www.free-online-ocr.com etc also for the same purpose