This is a Tutorial on How you can Disable or Turn off desktop sidebar gadgets in windows 7 ultimate editions
On My last blog post, I told you how you can get rid-off the sticky keys in windows 7 and to disable them. Here in this post I am displaying one more trick like it, that helps you to disable windows sidebar gadgets, that are displayed on the desktop and is one of the Stonecold Annoying features of windows 7 / vista.
How to Disable / Turn-off the desktop sidebar gadgets in windows 7 ultimate ?
Why to remove the desktop sidebar gadgets ?
It is useful even though it irritates some users. It can be used to add some widgets like RSS feeds, weather, CPU meter, picture slideshow etc to your desktop and enrich it’s visual effects. Sometimes these widgets would seems very helpful for us in noting some phone numbers and things, leaving some sticky notes etc. I personally loves it but my father don’t. That’s why i disabled it in my PC and i know there are several people who are disturbed / irritated / annoyed by this useful gadget. That’s why i am posting this trick to switch off those sidebar gadgets from windows 7 ultimate editions
How to remove the desktop sidebar gadgets in windows 7 ultimate OS ?
This trick is easy. yoiu just want to make some clicks on your mouse button to disable these gadgets (Not some clicks somewhere , i’ll tell you how to do it :)). Follow the following Procedure ;-
- Open Control Panel from Start ->Control Panel
- Select the Programs Tab from it
- Now select the ‘Turn windows features onoff’ option from the window (underlined option in the following image)
- Now a new window will appear. Remove the tick mark from the option named ‘windows sidebar gadgets ) see the image below
- Now save it and it will take some time for the settings to apply.
- After that they will ask you to restart your system
- Now restart your system and you can see that the sidebar gadgets is removed