When Iphone 4s was launched, The most discssed feature of Iphone 4S was the Virtual personal assistant software called Siri, which claimed to make your day-to-day life more easier. It is a voice recognition software that can understand and translate more than 37 language and perform tasks on pre-fixed voice commands, making it act like a personal assistant and Interact with you as one.
It could do many things like setting meetings up in the calendar, checking the location of friends and family or even pulling up a weather forecast for most locations in the world. It has several other features and is linked throughout the OS and it’s native apps.
It is a very interesting software that everybody wants to try out in their hands, But Apple had only launched it for Iphone 4S leaving the older customers of IPhone 4, 3Gs and 3G in deep distress. None of these devices are supported by Siri and the only option to get it is by moving on to a new IPhone 4S, which is not (in many cases) economically feasible.
So, How to Get Siri app for older versions of iphone such as 3G, 3GS, and Iphone 4 ?
Well, Officially it is not yet available. But like Jobs said, “Why to join the navy when you can be a pirate ? “. You can always look for a cloned version of all those Iphone apps on the jailbreak community, There’s a big world outta there !
There’s a solution for the siri app also. There is a cloned version of siri app available on the Jailbreak community called as SARA which could do everything that Siri does.
It can does a lot of jobs as similar to siri does in Iphone 4S. SARA can helps you to ;-
- Find local business & direction (everywhere, not only US andCanada)
- Search for song from
- Call, message
- View the movie schedule from nearest cinema
- Read newspaper (via RSS)
- Check mail
- Remote control PC
- Search videos from youtube, search google, Wikipedia
- Toggle on/off system functional (wifi, bluetooth, 3G, et cetera)
- Translate, support > 37 languages
- Read barcode, qr code then find price, local business sell this
- OCR feature (Image to text), you can use Sara instead of scanner
- Social network support, user can take a photo then send to their facebook, twitter
- Search product price, local business
- Open apps
- check Weather
How to Install Siri clone SARA on your older Iphone 3G, 3Gs, 4 or IPad , IPad 2 ?
Since it is available only for Jailbreaked devices, You need to jailbreak your device. You may find enough useful tutorials for it on youtube. Once jail broken, you need to Install cydia app on your Iphone. Then follow the procedures given below
1. Open Cydia and go to the “Manage -> Sources”
2.Now go to “Edit -> Add “. A dialog box appears asking you to enter a URL
3. Enter this URL: http://isoftjsc.com
4. Tap “Add Source” and wait for Cydia to refresh
5. You should now see a list of Sara official Repo with CONSOLE, Sara for iPhone 2G/3G, iPod touch 2G and Sara for iPhone 4S/4/3GS, iPod touch 4G/3G, iPad 2/1. Select the right version of Sara app that matches your iOS device. You can select Console, to send Sara crash logs to developer for troubleshooting.
6. Respring and reboot your iOS device and you are good to go.
If you have any doubt in the Installation procedure, you may visit their blog or watch the Installation guide